You Got the Job, Now Keep It and Move Up!
- Know the expectations of your direct report
- Don’t do anything in the beginning you can’t continue to do
- Set a target…look around and decide where you want to go…remember you are there to commit to the company and also to get your dream!
- Always carry paper when you walk …..and walk fast
- Look professional every day
- Watch out for the negative person who will visit you and “help” you
- Don’t tell off color jokes or be around them
- Stay off your personal life…stay focused on the job
- Tell your direct report you want to move up ….declare and ask for their help and coaching
- Be on time every day!
- Produce quality work
- Complete projects ahead of schedule and in excellence
- Watch over-socializing, laughing loud, hanging out….you are there for one reason…to support the company and get your dream
- Don’t blame
- Be innovative
- Realize that your reputation matters …every day
- Act like you want it!
- Come in Super Early if you can a few times, lights on, coffee on, Greeting “good morning john….coffee is on!”
- If there are awards ….get one, if they measure top 20 get it
- Contribute in meetings ….don’t sit quiet and “pass”
- Be flexible…listen to others find the common ground
- If there is conflict, take it to the source and take 100% responsibility
- Ask how you are doing now and then….am I on target?
- Watch your social off hour behavior….being out with the team.
Back to Blog